It's easy to take your bike along when you ride MetroBus and MetroRail. In fact, we wish you would!
More people are enjoying the freedom that comes with combining cycling and transit. Bringing a bike
along puts more destinations within reach and gives transit riders with "last mile" challenges an additional
option. Helping people take their bikes when they use transit is part of Capital Metro's long-term commitment
to a more sustainable and healthy Austin.
MetroBike Shelter Rules/Registrant Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release Agreement
By agreeing to these terms and submitting this application, you certify that you are the owner of the bike(s) listed above, and responsible for your own property in accordance with the rules below.
- MetroBike Shelter is for parking standard 2-wheel bicycles (manual or electric). No gas/fuel operated vehicles. Recumbent and cargo bicycles may be permitted only when stored within the same space provided for standard 2-wheel bikes.
- No loitering is permitted within the MetroBike Shelter.
- Capital Metro is not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to any bicycle or damage to any bicycle related equipment and/or other personal items that have been parked, stored, and/or abandoned at any MetroBike Shelter, station, or bike rack. Always lock up your bike and take your belongings.
- Access the MetroBike Shelter is only through the front door using a MetroBike Card. Close the door behind you as you enter/exit. Do not provide entry to others.
- ALWAYS lock your bike to one of the racks provided using your own bike lock.
- Help prevent your bike from being stolen. Lock both the bicycle frame and one or both wheels to the bike rack using your lock. Note your bicycle's serial #.
- Do not touch or tamper with bikes or equipment you do not own.
- The aisle, doorways, and common area must remain clear. Items left in these areas are subject to removal without notice. If you lose something, call lost and found at (512) 389-7454.
- Spaces are available on a first come/first serve basis and are not guaranteed.
- Bicycles stored unused over 2 weeks will be considered abandoned and may be removed without notice. As a courtesy to others, please use the MetroBike Shelter only when actively using your bike to complete trips.
- Inappropriate or unauthorized use of a MetroBike Shelter will result in immediate expulsion and possible legal action.
Agreeing to these terms and submitting this application serves as your understanding and acceptance of the rules/risks of using the MetroBike Shelter.